Switchgear, Control & Automation
Electrowind Converting Solutions manufactures custom components for switchgear, control and automation equipment manufacturers. Our components are converted or molded to industry standards, and are supplied as a single component or assembled as a complete kit depending on your requirement.
Capabilities Overview: Flexible Material Converting for Switchgear, Control & Automation
Our cost-effective converting solutions for switchgear, control and automation equipment includes production of custom parts such as bus insulation, capacitor insulation, gaskets, arc chutes and lead insulation.
Electrowind Converting Solutions:
- Slits films, papers, foils, foams, rubbers and adhesive tape to specified widths from narrow to wide depending on your requirements
- Laminates together or adds release liners to materials to create a customized solution for your application
- Partners with innovative and world-class supplier partners including 3M, DuPont and Intertape to supply the advanced flexible materials and custom parts you need
- Provides, from small or prototype lots of 10 to large lots >10,000, a range of custom converted parts die cut out of paper, film or adhesive tape to a specific shape or formed to fit in your equipment
- Can leverage methods including die cutting, stamping, punch pressing, bending, creasing and/or forming those parts to your exacting requirement
Capabilities Overview: Rigid Material Converting for Switchgear, Control & Automation
Electrowind Converting Solutions offers custom rigid board and pultrusion profile fabrication for both structural and electrical barrier applications within common switchgear and control assemblies.
These rigid components may include:
- Interphase barriers
- Wear plates and guides
- Composite gears and bearings
- Phase supports/blocking
We stock, supply and convert a range of materials heavily used in switchgear, control and automation equipment:
- Glass polyester GPO-1 and GPO-3
- Phenolics including grades L, LE, C, CE, X, XX and XXX
- Arboron®; plastics including Delrin®, Ultem®, UHMW, and nylon
- LEXAN® polycarbonate
- Glass-based materials including G-9 and G-7
We offer CNC and waterjet machining, sawing, milling, turning, forming, bending and more to machine the hard materials you need. We have the capabilities to do small and large orders of simple or complex shapes to the exacting specifications of the industry.
Electrowind Converting Solutions is:
- An ISO 9001:2015 certified company
- A 3M Preferred Converter
- A trusted converter for a wide variety of world-class manufacturers and supplier partners
Typical Products: Switchgear, Control and Automation
- Arc chutes
- Bus bar support-angles & channels
- Bushings, rollers & fittings
- Bus insulation
- Capacitor insulation
- Clearance barriers & supports
- Composite gears & bearings
- Control rods
- Custom formed guarding
- Flexible flame retardant barriers
- Fuse clip/element insulation
- Insulating barriers
- Insulating nuts, bolts & tubes
- Interphase barriers
- Lead insulation
- Modular framing & separators
- Phase supports & blocking
- Rigid baffles & bases
- Sight windows
- Stand off insulators
- Switchgear insulation
- Wear plates & guides
Contact Electrowind Converting Solutions at 800.265.8340 to discuss your custom switchgear, control and automation requirements, or to Request a Quote for your custom parts.
Electrowind-Available Materials and Equipment
Electrowind Converting Solutions is a division of Electrowind. Electrowind supplies materials and equipment for motor, transformer, electrical and electronic equipment.
Visit Electrowind’s website at www.electro-wind.com for more information on our full product line.